Governors' Information and Duties 2016-2017
The Governing Body will ensure clarity of vision, ethos, and strategic direction, and receive reports from the Committees.
Committees for 2016-2017 are:
- Financial Monitoring - responsible for overseeing the financial performance of the school, including staffing structures, policies, and costs;
- Curriculum Monitoring - responsible for monitoring the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Admissions - will focus on admission arrangements, and will be consulted on promotion and marketing;
- Pay and Headteacher's Performance - will deal with issues relating to the pay of individual staff, and carry out the Head Teacher's performance review.
- The Full Governing Body will meet six times this year (including one Governors' Away Day on a Saturday in March);
- The Curriculum Monitoring and Financial Monitoring Committees will meet three times (once every term);
- The Admissions Committee will meet twice (Spring and Summer terms);
- The Pay and Headteacher's Appraisal Committee will meet once (late in the Autumn term).
To address any queries to any of the above Governors, please send all correspondence via Mrs V Avenell, Headteacher's PA, who can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
The Clerk to Governors is Mrs Clare Baskott, who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here for a Register of Governors (updated February 2017)