Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Free School Meals
To download the Free School Meals application form, please click here.
There are a good number of pupils who may be eligible for Free School Meals but have not claimed them.
This is important, whether or not a pupil has school meals. If a pupil is eligible for Free School Meals, she may also be eligible for financial support with other school activities, such as clubs, trips, and music tuition.
Pupils who are entitled to free school meals will also be issued with a ParentPay account (so that parents can add funds for breakfast or mid-morning snacks which the free school meal entitlement does not cover). At lunchtime, pupils entitled to free school meals obtain all food using the same cashless system so that their meal status remains anonymous to other pupils.
Children whose parents/carers receive any of the following are entitled to Free School Meals:
You must be receiving at least one of the following benefits:
- Income Support;
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,160;
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work, less than 16 hours per week. Children who receive Income Support or Income Based Jobseekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive Free School Meals.
The school receives funding to support pupils whose parents are eligible for Free School Meals. This is called the 'Pupil Premium', and the way in which this money is used is published on the school website, which can be viewed here.
If you believe you may be eligible to claim Free School Meals, please download the application form, available here, and return it, with the relevant paperwork, once completed, to Reception.