Our School App Stay connected on the go...
The students and staff at La Retraite are enthusiastic fundraisers for charity and have raised funds for a range of charities including Shooting Star Hospice, Book Aid international, Trinity Hospice, Cafod, UNICEF, Trinity Hospice, Caritas, Save the Children and Macmillan Cancer Support.
The fundraising events are great opportunities for students to work together, to develop leadership skills and, most importantly, to contribute to the community.
Last academic year we raised £1600 and we hope to exceed that this year. Each year group has a dedicated charity and will be raising money via Own Clothes Days, Bakes Sales and other events.
- Year 7 - Trinity Hospice
- Year 8 - Trinity Hospice
- Year 9 - Catholic Children's Crisis Fund & Race for Life
- Year 10 - Catholic Children's Crisis Fund & Macmillan Cancer Support
- Year 11 - Catholic Children's Crisis Fund
- Sixth Form - Cancer Research, Balham
'OWN CLOTHES' DAYS
The following Own Clothes Days we have planned with the proposed charities to which we wish to donate are as follows:
- October 18th 2018 - Cancer Research, Balham
- December 21st 2018 - Royal Trinity Hospice
- February 15th 2019 - Catholic Children's Crisis Fund
- April 12th 2019 - MacMillan Cancer Support
- May 24th 2019 - Race for Life
FUNDRAISING AT LA RETRAITE
We are incredibly proud of the charitable efforts of our students and staff. Below is a table of the amounts raising throughout 2018, totalling an incredible £2209. All funds raised have gone to charitable organisations.
|Bake Sale - to various charities||£165|
|Macmillan Cake Sale - to Macmillan Cancer Support||£143|
|Own Clothes Days - to various charities||£1185|
|World Book Day - to Book Aid International||£215|
|Save the Children||£501|