Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Free School Meals
To download the Free School Meals application form, please click here.
There are a good number of students who may be eligible for Free School Meals, but have not claimed them.
This is important, whether or not a student has school meals. If a student is eligible for Free School Meals, she may also be eligible for financial support with other school activities, such as clubs, trips, and music tuition.
Student who are entitled to free school meals will also be issued with a ScoPay (online) account so that parents can add funds for breakfast or mid-morning snacks which the free school meal entitlement does not cover. At lunchtime, students entitled to free school meals obtain all food using the same cashless system so that their meal status remains anonymous to other students.
Children whose parents/carers receive any of the following are entitled to Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
From 1 April 2018, the Department for Education have made changes to the Universal Credit Thresholds, any student eligible for Free School Meals before this date will be protected until 31 March 2022.
The school receives funding to support students whose parents are eligible for Free School Meals. This is called the 'Pupil Premium', and the way in which this money is used is published on the school website, which can be viewed here.
If you believe you may be eligible to claim Free School Meals, please download the application form, available here, and return it, with the relevant paperwork, once completed, to Reception.