Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Students will be expected to wear:
- The school pullover which has their house colour around the neck. The pullover should not be tucked into the skirt.Year 11 students can wear a burgundy or green school pullover instead.
- An open-neck revere blouse - The school recommends 'Banner' branded non-iron blouses, available from the school supplier which are thicker than conventional cheaper blouses so less can be seen through them.
- The school's tartan skirt which should not be rolled up
- Plain black or navy tights or socks
- Plain black shoes or short Kicker-style boots (no higher than their ankles). Heels must be less than 4cm high. Canvas plimsolls or trainer-like shoes, e.g. Kicker trainer shoes, cannot be worn.
- A plain black or blue scarf, or the school scarf
- A plain black or blue coat, or the school coat
Please note that coats should not be short in length, leather or `bomber’ style jackets, as below. No hooded tops are permitted.
Under their blouses, students should only wear a plain white t-shirt/vest.
Students are expected to wear their blazer at all times at school unless they have been given permission to remove it. This includes travelling to and from school. Their coat should be large enough to go over their blazer so that they can wear both together.
In the summer term, students may also wear the summer dress. This dress is expected to reach below students' knees. They should wear their blazer with the summer dress.
Jewellery permitted is limited to a watch ONLY. No earrings of any kind are allowed. No facial piercings of any kind are allowed. Students are not permitted to wear plastic earrings or nose rings to replace metal piercings, or to cover piercings with a plaster. Any jewellery will be confiscated and returned at the end of the term. This includes travelling to and from school.
Hairstyles should be practical and neat. Hair should be in their own natural colour. Students are not permitted to have multicoloured hairstyles even if the colours are 'natural'. No bandanas, head scarfs or any other types of head coverings are allowed, except for religious reasons.
Students are not allowed to wear visible makeup to school or any school events; this includes dark brows, false eyelashes, and nail varnish.
The consequences of students not adhering to the uniform rules are as follows:
If a student is found to be wearing jewellery, makeup or incorrect uniform during morning registration will be asked to remove this. Jewellery will be confiscated and handed into the school secretary. This can be collected at the end of every half term by parents.
If a student is found to be wearing jewellery, makeup or incorrect uniform during the school day, they will be placed in the Retreat (the school internal exclusion room) until 4pm. Jewellery will be confiscated.
If a student persists in wearing jewellery, makeup or incorrect uniform, they may internally or externally excluded for a period of time.
The school has a number of clean, spare items, shoes and blazers that can be borrowed in emergencies. If there is an issue with a student's uniform, for example, an item has been misplaced overnight, please contact either the KS3 or KS4 Pastoral Support Manager as soon as possible.
All students should wear the:
- La Retraite light blue sports shirt.
- La Retraite House t-shirt (in your daughter's house colour).
- La Retraite dark blue sweatshirt.
- La Retraite dark blue shorts.
- La Retraite dark blue sweatpants
Purchasing the School Uniform
Our uniform is supplied by School Uniform Direct. Further information is available at: