Our School App Stay connected on the go...
English as an Additional Language
The EAL (English as Additional Language) team welcomes and supports new arrivals and students who speak other languages at home.
We prepare and enter students for their community languages in GCSE and A Level examinations, and celebrate students national days.
We provide interpreting and translating services, including sign-language, for parents who cannot speak English.
Who We Are
Mrs Wanda Jarrett (EAL Co-ordinator) - speaks Italian, German, and French, and teaches the IGCSE English as a Second Language course. She also works in partnership with Maths and Science.
- Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Francisco Orjales Mourente (EAL teacher, HLTA) - speaks Spanish, and works 5 days per week in the EAL department.
- Contact at email@example.com
Ms Helena Ferreira (Portuguese teacher employed by the Portuguese embassy) - speaks Portuguese and teaches Portuguese to GCSE and A level standard.
Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Those who know nothing of foreign languages know nothing of their own." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "EAL has gone above and beyond in helping Year 11 students to strive for the best GCSE grades." - Samantha, Year 11
- "EAL has been helping me to improve my English literacy so I can do better in my GCSEs." - Brunella, Year 8
- "Hago extra clases afuera de la escuela, pero nadie me explica como Ms. Jamie." - Paulina, Year 7