Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Welcome to La Retraite 6
High Expectations – Moral Purpose – Opportunities
Sixth Form is a defining period for every student. At the La Retraite 6, you have the opportunity to pave the way for your future, to begin shaping the rest of your life. Here, you are supported to create your own vision.
Our core values of High Expectations, Moral Purpose and Opportunities underpin our offer and permeate all that we do. Our results and array of impressive destinations and career pathways speak for themselves, showcasing our High Expectations in practice, elevating you to new heights. Our Catholic ethos ensures each student embodies a sense of Moral Purpose, preparing you to thrive in modern society; and a wealth of unique Opportunities open doors to the global world and encourage social mobility for all.
A long history of success characterises both our school and sixth form; cultivated by a team of specialist teachers, activities that extend beyond the classroom to help you get ahead and just enough support to guide you and challenge you. We endeavour to make our students stand out among the crowd, to join our lasting legacy of tenacious, successful, and powerful alumni. Find out more of their achievements in our Legacy Book.
What Can We Offer You?
- Highly specialised teachers; experts in their field
- A sizeable sixth form which offers an array of courses to suit every need and ambition:
- The Academic Pathway: we offer A Levels in all traditional subjects, but our size and curriculum allows us to widen our offer to include ones you might not expect in every sixth form
- Technical Pathway: A brand new and innovative qualification, T Levels blend classroom learning with industry experience
- Entrepreneurial Pathway: Kick start your professional career with a range of courses including ICT and Business, Sport, Health and Social Care, Media, and Construction.
- Opportunities for global travel, in recent years students have embarked on expeditions to New York, Barcelona, Iceland, Italy, Switzerland and Washington
- Learning experiences that extend beyond the classroom including, cultural visits and events, community volunteering, guest speakers, mentor programmes, prospects to work with the lower school and much more
- Partnerships with Universities and organisations allow us to offer City internships, University Summer Schools and Master Classes, Russell Group University Programmes, and opportunities through our links to the Livery Companies
- Dedicated Careers service to offer support, guidance, advice, and work experience
- An extensive enrichment programme which aims to open students’ eyes to a world of possibilities, boost applications and allow our students to immerse themselves in their passions. From a wide range of societies, Enhanced Leadership Programme and Combined Cadets Force, there’s something for everyone
- Participation in the Scholarship Programme with St Paul’s School
- Outstanding facilities including our brand new Aya centre and common room, computer suites, media facilities and a free Chromebook for life for every student, to help with their studies.
We have adopted the African Aya fern symbol as part of our identity; it signifies endurance and resourcefulness: qualities we expect from students and demand from ourselves. It encapsulates the spirit of the La Retraite 6, a spirit we seek in all those who apply to our centre of excellence. Choosing a sixth form is not easy, but if you are looking for somewhere that will help you navigate your own pathway and equip you to achieve it; we are the right step for you to take.
Ruth Coyle, Director of Sixth Form