Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Welcome from the Headteacher
Welcome to La Retraite Roman Catholic Girls’ School. We are an 11-18 school with a long tradition of academic success and of supporting our local community since 1880. Above all, we are a family in which everyone is welcome, respected, valued and cared for. Whilst we are predominantly a girls’ school, the Sixth Form is mixed.
"Act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God" (Micah) is our key inspiration and we have four main aims:
- To provide the students with a space to develop their faith, whatever that might be, and to grow as a whole person
- To champion the happiness and wellbeing of the students. We have an extensive pastoral team to support students in navigating their pathway through the pressures of growing up in London. We firmly believe that happy students are more likely to succeed academically.
- To have access to the best opportunities. This includes outstanding teaching in all subjects, subsidised music lessons, excellent facilities, a Scholarship scheme and a huge range of extra-curricular clubs and trips.
- To develop our future leaders. A number of schemes are in place, including Debate Leaders, Sports Leaders, Student Leaders and the Royal Navy Cadets, to enable the students to further their leadership skills and La Retraite students can be seen at numerous events organising and leading.
La Retraite students are polite, kind, tolerant young people who work hard, achieve great things and make a difference to their communities. We are extremely proud of them.
"La Retraite provides a highly effective holistic education for its pupils which is deeply rooted in Gospel values and the teachings of the Catholic Church. Leaders and managers at all levels show a genuine devotion to pupils and their families."
- Diocesan Inspection Report June 2018